Annual General Meeting 10th October 2018
On 10th October we celebrated our Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Council Chambers in Dudley. Every year, this event gives us the opportunity to look back at our successes and challenges as an organisation and present what we want to achieve in the next 12 months.
As part of the AGM, we said goodbye to two long serving trustees and welcomed a new, highly experienced trustee, witnessed the formal appointment of a new Chair of the Board of Trustees, Steve Handscomb alongside a new treasurer, Sue Cooper.
We heard presentations from members of the senior management team and our Research and Campaigns coordinator on the great things that have happened in the last 12 months and how we continue to develop to meet the demands and complexities of advice issues that clients continue to face.
Many successes were shared including client stories where we continue to demonstrate how vital our organisation is to the thousands of people who contact us for support every year. The highlights of what we have achieved in 2017/18 are:
- We supported 13,560 clients with 40,220 enquiries
- We achieved £9,909,445 of income gained for clients
- We dealt with £6,475,531 of debt
- 465 people avoiding being made homeless because of our service
- We helped 1,939 clients via the welfare line delivered 5 days a week in partnership with Dudley Council Plus and Castle and Crystal credit union
As ever, we could never have achieved this without the commitment, dedication and passion of our paid and volunteer workforce so we gave thanks and celebrated how fantastic our staff are!
Laura Thomas, CEO