Gambleaware Support Service
What is the service and who can access it?
From 1st April 2019 our Gambling Support Service is raising awareness of Gambling Related Harm through delivering free training and advice and education with frontline workers to prevent and minimise gambling-related harm with vulnerable groups.
Citizens Advice Dudley Borough is delivering this project across the West Midlands along with other workers covering the rest of the UK with the following aims:
- To promote a public health approach to the identification and treatment of gambling-related harm, in which a broader range of public services play a greater role in this support
- To raise awareness of gambling-related harm and prevention services amongst frontline service providers as well as vulnerable individuals
- To develop a stronger evidence base to understand gambling-related harm prevalence through improved screening
How can we help?
- Free Training – expanding the reach of face-to-face and online training, workshops and events for frontline staff to increase capacity for the early identification of gambling-related harm
- Free Awareness events – expanding the reach of the Gambling Support Service with accessible, easy to understand information and materials
- Client Support – delivering enhanced screening, brief advice and interventions for vulnerable individuals identified to be at risk of GRH, supported by a robust referral process for specialist support
How can this service be accessed?
However, Citizens Advice Dudley Borough are still open and we are still working hard to ensure you get the advice you need. Therefore, you can still access the Gambleaware service by:
Ringing our contact centre on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday’s 9.30 – 3.30pm on 0300 3309 044