Mortgage Arrears Advice Team
What is this service and who can access it?
The Mortgage Arrears Advice Team (MAPS) work in partnership with Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council and provide advice, options and support to homeowners in order to prevent homelessness.
Where MAPS can assist:-
- Change or impending change of circumstances; loss of income, redundancy, loss of partner, ill health, retirement
- Relationship breakdown – beneficial interest / legal rights relating to the property
- Creditor takes action to secure a debt by way of a Charging Order or Order for Sale
- Leasehold charges debt
- Interest only mortgage term ending
- Interest rate rise – is the mortgage going to be affordable?
- Mortgage arrears
- Possession proceedings
- Housing options
- Right to Buy scheme
- Affect of bankruptcy on the home
- Assistance claiming Support for Mortgage Interest (SMI housing costs) or issues claiming SMI
- Endowment shortfall
How can this service be accessed?