Over 50% of the people who work for Citizens Advice Dudley Borough are volunteers, and we simply wouldn’t be here for our clients without them!
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, so our recruitment and training is very inclusive.You will find that we value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination in all areas of our organisation.It is important to us that we work in an environment which is fair, supportive and welcoming.
We have lots of volunteering opportunities across the organisation, whether working directly with clients, supporting ‘behind the scenes’ functions, helping to maintain our brand and market our services, working with our Research & Campaign team – we need lots of different people with various skills and knowledge to help us be the best we can be.
9 Great Reasons to Volunteer…
- Make a difference – It can be incredibly rewarding to contribute something non-financial to a cause you care about
- Boost your confidence – Trying something new and getting out of your comfort zone every now and then can do wonders for your confidence.
- Do something interesting – Don’t let your spare time trickle away – fill it doing something interesting and challenging.
- Meet new people – Tired of doing the same things with the same group of friends? Widen your circle and horizons by meeting new people.
- Improve your prospects – Having volunteering on your CV demonstrates that you’re someone with initiative and a rounded life. Nearly one third of the volunteers who leave the service each year go on into paid work.
- Get to know your community – Whether you’ve lived in Dudley area for 20 years or have just moved here as a student, you’ll develop a great feel for the people and the place at a Citizens Advice.
- Put your talents to use – Use it or lose it! Got the gift of languages? Volunteer as an interpreter. A flair for design? Create reception displays. The possibilities are endless.
- Enjoy free training – CAB trainee advisors can gain a national Citizens Advice certificate through their training. Other skills like PR, campaigning and administration can be learnt on the job in a supportive environment.
- Gain office-based work experience – Get ahead of the competition for jobs and university places with some real life experience.
If you are interested in applying to be a volunteer, please complete the following form: