Citizens Advice Dudley Borough is a registered charity providing people with free information and advice to help them solve their advice issues such as benefits, debt, employment, housing, relationships etc.
As we are growing, we have a number of vacancies for volunteers to help us deliver our services in Dudley: These are:
- Contact Centre Assessors – telephone (supporting on our telephone line)
- Contact Centre Assessors – digital (support via Email and Web-chat)
- Information Hub Facilitators (face to face at our reception)
- Generalist Adviser – need to be trained and working as contact centre assessor first for 6 months before conversion (unless you are already a trained advisor or gateway assessor)
- Business support administrator (supporting our admin team)
- Trustee (to join our current Board of Trustees)
All training and support is given. No prior experience necessary.
This is a great opportunity for everyone who has at least 1 day to spare per week for a minimum of six months (after an initial 5/10 weeks training/induction programme, dependant on the role), except for the role of Trustee.
You will gain new skills and experiences that could enhance your CV, the opportunity to meet new people, and you’ll be helping our clients overcome the problems they face and make a real difference to their lives.
Citizens Advice Dudley Borough actively welcomes volunteers with health conditions, including physical or mental health conditions and this should not be a barrier to volunteering with us.
If you want an application pack please email: Advice@dudleycabx.org
We are currently recruiting for Contact Centre Assessors and Trustees