Skip to content Skip to footer

Do you have a complaint?

Do you have a complaint about Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton?

If we’ve let you down, tell us 

We want everyone who uses Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton to be happy with the service we provide. That’s why, if we’ve let you down, we want to hear from you – no matter how big or small the issue is.

 Often, we’ll be able to put things right. Even when we can’t, knowing where we’ve gone wrong will help us do better in the future. We promise to deal with every complaint quickly, professionally, and confidentially.

Asking Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton to resolve the problem 

It’s important to us to know if something has gone wrong, so we can do our best to put it right. Don’t be afraid to speak to the Manager or person in charge of complaints. They will often be able to solve the problem right away. .If they can’t, or you’re still not happy, you can make a formal complaint.

Making a formal complaint 

There are several ways to make a complaint:

You can write a letter explaining what happened and send it to our address below, or drop it into one of our premises. Alternatively, you can call or email the Citizens Advice Feedback team and they will pass your complaint to the right person. Your complaint will be investigated by someone who isn’t directly involved. If it’s upheld, we’ll apologise fully – and, if appropriate, let you know what we’re doing to put things right.  We aim to respond to every complaint within eight weeks. If it’s going to take longer than this, we’ll explain why and keep you informed of the progress. 

Asking for a review 

If you feel we haven’t dealt with your complaint properly, or you aren’t satisfied with the outcome, you can ask us to review the decision. Please make sure you ask for this within four weeks of receiving the decision by contacting the Feedback team. The review will be overseen by our Chief Executive. 

Using an independent adjudicator

If you are still not happy with the decision, you can refer your complaint to an independent adjudicator.  An independent adjudicator is someone unconnected with Citizens Advice who will decide if we’ve dealt with your complaint fairlyIf you want to progress to this stage, you must contact us within four weeks of receiving your review decision from Citizens Advice, Contact the Feedback team.

Contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service 

The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent service for clients to solve disputes with not for profit debt advice providers.

The Financial Ombudsman Service will only step in once Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton has had the opportunity to investigate a complaint, so please contact the local service first.

If your complaint is about debt advice or if you were seeking advice about your credit record and you are not satisfied with the final response, or if eight weeks have passed since you first let us know about your concerns, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your complaint

Who to complain to:

Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton

The Chief Executive or Chair of Trustee Board

Dudley House, 9-11 Stone Street, Dudley, DY1 1NP

Citizens Advice

Feedback team: 03000 231 900 or email 

Financial Ombudsman Service

By post: Financial Ombudsman Service South Quay Plaza 183 Marsh Wall London E14 9SR

By phone: 0800 023 4567 – free for people phoning from a ‘fixed’ line (eg a landline at home).

0300 123 9123 – free for mobile phone users who pay a monthly charge for calls to numbers starting 01 and 02.

By email:



Do you need immediate help with the cost of living?

See our resources by clicking the link below:

Cost of living resources

You can also get help by going to your local council:

If you are a City of Wolverhampton resident, please go to:

If you are a Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council resident, please go to: