Macmillan Welfare Benefits Service
What is the service and who can access it?
We are working in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support to provide up to date welfare benefits advice to people affected by cancer across the boroughs of Dudley, Sandwell and Walsall. The purpose of this service is to minimise financial loss that people face as a consequence of a cancer diagnosis. On average a person loses £570 per month as a consequence of cancer and our Macmillan welfare benefit caseworkers are there to maximise income to help mitigate the effects that this loss has on the quality of life, health and wellbeing of the patient and their family.
Our caseworkers can assist cancer patients with:
- Benefit checks to maximise current income
- Assisting with form completion to obtain required benefit
- Assisting with Tribunals if unsuccessful in benefit claim
- Application for Macmillan grants
- Signposting to other supporting agencies
- Appropriate referrals to other organisations and third parties
How can this service be accessed?
Anyone with a diagnosis of Cancer can access our service if they live in Dudley Borough, Sandwell or Walsall. Referrals can be made via:
- Self referral/family members by contacting above telephone number
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Health care professionals within cancer treatment team
- General Practitioner
However, Citizens Advice Dudley and Wolverhampton are still open and we are still working hard to ensure you get the advice you need. Therefore, you can still access the Macmillan service by: