Skip to content Skip to footer

Advice for social prescribing service

What is this service and who can access it?

Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council (WVSC) deliver a social prescribing service, delivered by link workers who provide a non-medical approach to supporting adults across the City of Wolverhampton to improve their health and wellbeing. Their aim is to link people with activities and support in their local communities who can help with the underlying issues people experience which can be a reason for people feeling unwell.
We deliver a caseworker service to support the Social Prescribing Team, to address all the different advice issues that can prevent someone from becoming or staying physically and/or mentally well. The caseworker will resolve advice issues such as income and personal finance, housing, relationships, employment etc. Our advice, in partnership with WVSC, provides solutions and helps people to become happy and well.

How can this service be accessed?

This service is not open to the public but a referral to the social prescribing team can be made by a GP or another professional who knows the person.

Do you need immediate help with the cost of living?

For Dudley Borough residents – Our DMBC and ICB funded Dudley Cost of Living Support Hubs may be right for you. Please click on the following link for more information

Dudley Cost of Living Hubs Information

For Wolverhampton residents – Please use this website to access our services

Please find below link to some useful resources:

Cost of living resources